Hi, I'm Vicky.
I'm an art, science, and software enthusiast.
- a Masters in Human-Computer Interaction
- learning about the world of CS research
- getting better at cello
- practicing life drawing regularly
- how day-to-day people understand and interact with their data
- how sketch-based-interfaces can facilitate more natural interactions with technology
- how to make fun, pretty things, and enable others to do so too
What if you could sketch a game to life?
Research | Game Design | HCI | Processing
I spent a summer researching the value of sketching for non-artistic pursuits: brainstorming, communication, play.
With these thoughts in mind, I tackled the realm of of game design, deciding I wanted to make the most fun, accessible, low-fidelity game-prototyping tool possible using the power of the pen. The prototype is well-informed by my own in-depth explorations of games and sketching-interfaces.
Stuff I made to learn OpenGL
Computer Graphics | OpenGL
Terrain generator, with interactive lighting and editing.
3D modeller with basic object transformations, using a scene-graph and ray-picking.
Randomly generated maze game, made 100% in OpenGL.
Survival of the Fittest
An online battle version of Conway's Game of Life
Game Design | Web Development | HTML5 Canvas
Made with Jemar Jones at deltaHacks IV. Website is currently down but will link it when it's back up and running!